The Pinery Fall Classic is an annual and major run/walk fundraiser for the charitable organization, Friends of Pinery Park (FOPP). The Fall Classic has raised over $77 000 which has gone to support education, preservation, research and enhancement projects in the Park. Among recent projects FOPP has helped with: a trail wheelchair available to park visitors free of charge, bat detectors for citizen science research, and an “ecopassage” to help critters cross the road safely!
What to expect?
• Recreation and fun for all levels of ability
• Accurate chip timing and distance for serious racers
• Easy and quick online registration (Race Roster)
• Reasonable fees, including family and team rates (Fees and Schedule page)
• A fantastic way to help support and protect the park -- donate online when you register; fee reimbursed with $100 or more in pledges
200m Fawn Run: Just for kids & no registration required.
5km Trail Run/Walk: Run/walk through rough terrain, stairs, hills and along the beach on this exciting course.
2km & 5km Road Run/Walk: Run/walk on this flat, rolling course from the bridge on your way towards Dunes Campground office. This course is accessible to all & fun for everyone!
10km Road Run: This course is a continuation of the 5 km course. This pleasant rolling course is for those individual who really like going the distance! This course too is accessible to all.
The 2km, 5km and 10km Road Race's are certified by Bernie Conway International Measurement Administrator Americas.
Check Us out at: www.pineryfallclassic.ca
We look forward to seeing you there!